Join our Wheelchair Amnesty Campaign today!
The Opcare wheelchair services are excited to be running a wheelchair amnesty – encouraging you and your relatives to return any unwanted chairs so they can be given a new lease of life. Any equipment returned will be assessed, cleaned and repurposed to help someone else in need.
Why is it important?
Valuable equipment is often left lying unused in people’s homes – and yet the NHS and other users still need it. By recycling existing wheelchairs and specialist seating, we can respond more efficiently to the needs of our patients and help save money in the NHS. Plus, re-using equipment will help save resources and reduce our collective environmental footprint.
Why are we asking for your support?
Wheelchairs can be lost to the service for a number of reasons, typically when patients move homes or their circumstances change – so we need your help to locate them! It is a great opportunity for you to help us to help others.
What type of equipment are we asking for?
We would be grateful for any of the following equipment:
- Manual wheelchairs
- Powered wheelchairs
- Specialist seating
- Accessories such as wheelchair cushions, footrests, armrests, headrests etc.
If you are unsure, our experienced rehabilitation engineers will be able to tell you whether we can make use of the wheelchair or not.
How to return your wheelchair:
If you or a relative has NHS equipment that you no longer require, and which you are happy to return to the service, please let us know via the below contact details.
- Tel: 01782 216940
- Email: Staffordshire.Wheelchairs@opcare.co.uk
- Address: Clifford Street, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 3EN
- Tel: 0208 861 8999
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Unit 1, The Palmerston Centre, Oxford Road, Wealdstone, Middlesex, Harrow, HA3 7RG
- Tel: 0116 2968400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Leicester Specialist Mobility Centre, 17a Meridian East, Leicester, LE19 1WZ
We would love to hear from you!