Personal Wheelchair Budgets (PWB)
If you are eligible Opcare can offer support with your PWB, which has been designed to give you more choice and to help ensure you get exactly the equipment you need.
The enhanced PWB scheme replaces the previous Wheelchair Voucher Scheme. To find out more please read on.
What is the Personal Wheelchair Budget?
A personal wheelchair budget is a resource available to support people’s choice of wheelchair, either within NHS commissioned services or outside NHS commissioned services. Personal wheelchair budgets enable postural, and mobility needs to be included in wider care planning and can support people to access a wider choice of wheelchairs.
With a personal wheelchair budget, wheelchair users should expect to have:
• a personalised assessment where they are supported to identify the health and wellbeing outcomes they wish to achieve
• a care plan which captures the health and wellbeing outcomes identified, which may be part of any wider care plans the person requires for their care, for example an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan
• care that is better integrated, meaning that different agencies work together to support their postural and mobility needs and achieve their health and wellbeing outcomes
• information provided upfront about the amount of money available in their personal wheelchair budget and the options available to them locally to use it
• information about the repair and maintenance of wheelchairs, if the option to purchase a wheelchair outside of the NHS commissioned service is taken
If you would like to know more about how we can help with PWB please contact us.
Alternatively, we have created two guides which can be downloaded below.